This integration allows you to connect and pull data from Snowflake into your data notebooks.
In this guide:
To connect Snowflake with your data notebooks you need to have the following:
- Snowflake account and ownership permissions
- Intersect account and owner access level
You can add the Shopify integration from the Dashboard > Integrations > Add integrations > Add Snowflake.
One-click on the Shopify box and the connection portal will open. These are the fields that are required for the connection to be successful:
- Integration name
Here are more details on how to find the needed information for this integration:
- The Integration name is your name for the integration in Intersect. Name it as you wish.
- In the username field, you should add the username that you use to login into Snowflake
- The account value is the hostname you received from Snowflake. Your account name is the full/entire string to the left of snowflakecomputing.com. In the screenshot below, the account name is “hqa02240”.
- The warehouse field should contain the name of the warehouse you are connecting to Intersect.
- The database field should contain the name of the database you are connecting to Intersect.
- The schema field should contain the name of the schema that belongs to the database you are connecting.
You can then proceed to fill the connection portal in Intersect. If the connection is successful, you should be able to see your new Snowflake integration on your Integrations page.
Pull data from Snowflake
Open your data notebook where you want to pull data from your newly connected Snowflake database. Then, you can add a Snowflake step from Import data > Data Warehouse > Read from Snowflake (Add).
Once you select the integration, a new “Read from Snowflake” step will be added to your data notebook. To successfully pull data you will need to select your previously set integration (in our case it’s called: sampledb). Then, in the code block below you can add an SQL query that will source the data in your data notebook.
If the step is successfully configured you will see an output with your sourced table.
If you wish to preview the table you can expand the Output step, which will preview the table that was sourced.