This integration allows you to connect and pull data from your Facebook business account into your data notebooks.
In this guide:
- Connecting Facebook ads
- Import Facebook ads performance data
- Default settings
- Custom settings
- What can you do with your Facebook ad data?
To connect Facebook ads with your data notebooks you need to have the following:
- Facebook Ad account
- Intersect account and owner access level
Connecting Facebook ads
You can add the Facebook ads integration from the Dashboard > Integrations > Add integrations > Add Facebook ads section.
One-click on the Facebook Ads box and the connection portal will open. Here you will be asked to connect your Facebook account with Intersect.
If you successfully connect your Facebook account, you should be able to see the new FB Ads integration on the Integrations page.
Importing Facebook Ads performance data
After you configure your Facebook ad integration, you can import your performance data into your notebook. To do that, click Import data > Marketing data > Facebook > Import Facebook Ads performance data (Add).
Once you select the integration, a new “Import Facebook ads performance data” step will be added to your data notebook. To successfully pull data you will need to provide:
- Your Facebook account
- Your Ad account
- The parameters you want to analyze
- The breakdown level (Campaign, Ad set, or Ad)
- The time period
After you fill in the fields, you can run the step, and you will get the resulting table.
Using the default setting for this block, you can pull data from "Yesterday" for six data parameters (columns) for the ad sets level.
This block can be customized to have different presents, and the columns, breakdown, and time period can be changed too.
- Conversions per click
- Cost per conversion
- Cost per outbound click
- Cost per click (CPC)
- Cost per 1.000 impressions (CPM)
- Amount spent
- Click-through rate (CTR)
- Unique outbound clicks
- Unique outbound click-through rate (CTR)
- Video - 3 seconds play
- Video - average time played
- Video - 100% played
- Video - 95% played
- Video - 75% played
- Video - 50% played
- Video - 25% played
- Ad name
- Ad set name
- Campaign name
- Date start
- Date stop
- Campaign level
- Ad set level
- Ads level
- This week, starting Sunday
- This week, starting Monday
- Last full week, Sunday - Saturday
- Last full week, Monday - Sunday
- This month
- Last month
What can you do with your Facebook ad performance data?
You can easily analyze and visualize your Facebook ad metrics using Intersect's building blocks. These blocks allow you to sort, filter, aggregate, and perform a variety of data tasks, without coding.
Here are some data apps ideas that you can build today on Intersect:
- A weekly report of your ad set's performance
- Interactive dashboards with your engagement data
- Justify marketing spent from Facebook ads
- Compare Facebook Ads performance with other marketing channels
- Send daily, weekly, monthly reports on your email, automatically