This integration allows you to connect and pull data from Salesforce into your data notebooks.
In this guide:
To connect Salesforce with your data notebooks you need to have the following:
- Salesforce Classic or Lightning Experience account
- Intersect Labs account and owner access level
You can add the Salesforce integration from the Dashboard > Integrations > Add integrations > Add Salesforce.
One-click on the Salesforce box and the connection portal will open. These are the fields that are required for the connection to be successful:
- Integration name
- Security token
To access these parameters, you need to have a Salesforce account. Here are more details on how to obtain the required information:
- The Integration name is your name for the integration in Intersect. Name it as you wish.
- The Username and Password fields are the same ones you use to login into Salesforce.
- The Security token is a case-sensitive alphanumeric key that is used in combination with a password to access Salesforce via API. To access this token follow these steps: Click on the User Menu in the top right corner in Salesforce > My Settings > Personal > Reset My Security Token. The system will send an email with your security token to the email address associated with your account in Salesforce. Use that token to connect Salesforce with Intersect.
You can then proceed to fill the connection portal in Intersect. If the connection is successful, you should be able to see your new Salesforce integration on your Integrations page.
Query Salesforce data
After you configure your Salesforce integration, you can import your data into your notebook. To do that, click Import data > CRM > Salesforce > Query Salesforce data (Add).
Once you select the integration, a new “Query Salesforce data” step will be added to your data notebook. To successfully pull data you will need to select your Salesforce account and add a custom query.
If the step is successfully configured you will see an output with your data.
Read Salesforce report
You can also use your Salesforce integration to read specific Salesforce reports. To do that, click Import data > CRM > Read Salesforce Report (Add).
Once you select the integration, a new “Read Salesforce report” step will be added to your data notebook. To successfully pull data, first, you will need to select your Salesforce account and then, a drop-down list will appear with all available reports, allowing you to choose the one you want to import.
If the step is successfully configured you will see an output with your report.